Frequently Asked Questions
Due to the current situation we would like to inform you how we are handling this at Hotel Birger Jarl and Hotel Tegnérlunden. Our greatest priority is that our guests and team members feel safe and secure at our hotels. We are following the guidelines issued by the local authorities. We have reviewed our already detailed cleaning and food-handling routines and are now taking extra precautions.
- We are carefully following the development of the recommendations issued by The Public Health Agency of Sweden and are updating our procedures accordingly.
- We have implemented extra disinfecting and cleaning routines in common areas such as elevators, handles, handrails, etc.
- Our regular breakfast buffet is adapted to the current situation. Frequent change of serving dishes and own serving utensils for all guests. We offer hand sanitizer and disposable gloves.
- We have floor markers to remind you of social distancing.
- We offer hand sanitizer in all public areas and in all public restrooms.
- We encourage all guests and staff members to take adequate precautions with regards to their hand hygiene.
- There is general information to all travelers from The Public Health Agency of Sweden in all hotel rooms.
- We have only table service in the bar and restaurant
Standard cancellation terms and conditions apply.
General measures to prevent the spread of infection
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing, remember to cover your nose and mouth with flexed elbow
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
For more recommendations from the authorities, see links below.
Folkhälsomyndigheten-Public Health Agency of Sweden
The Government-Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Yes, we are open 24h.
You have access to your room from 3 pm.
You can keep your room until 12 noon on the day of departure.
Yes, you can store your luggage in our luggage room before you get access to your room, or after check-out.
Yes, we have a garage in the same building. You can take the elevator directly up to the hotel. The cost is 295 SEK/night.
Ten charging stations for electric cars available (type 2) and 3 Tesla charging stations. There is no extra charge for the charging but please pre-book your space.
Yes, the restaurant is open for lunch weekdays and daily for dinner. You can always order lighter meals from the bar menu. Click here for opening hours. From March 1st 2021 we do not accept cash in the hotel. We accept all major debit and credit cards.
You can choose to book your room with or without breakfast. If you have booked a room without breakfast, you have the option to add buffet breakfast onsite (145 SEK). Breakfast is always included in the room rate if you book direct on our website.
Yes, the price for external guests is 225 SEK.
Yes, we have alternatives free of gluten and lactose.
Pets are welcome to the hotel. An extra charge of 250 SEK/pet/night will be added. If you are travelling with a pet you need to book this in advance, since there are a limited number of rooms.
Some of our rooms can accommodate three people. An extra bed charge will be added. 0-6 år free in a babycot or in parents bed. From 7 years the price is 400 SEK/night for a third person in the room. Please book this in advance so we can prepare the room accordingly.
Yes, we can arrange that. Please let us know when you make your reservation.
Some rooms have bathtub and others have shower. If you have any special requests, please let us know when you make your reservation.
To stay at Hotel Birger Jarl you must be at least 18 years old. Minors under the age of 18 are welcome to stay at the hotel in the company of a parent or legal guardian.
We are a non-smoking property, e-cigarettes included. Smoking in your room will incur a charge of minimum 1000 SEK. According to Swedsih law it is not permitted to smoke on outdorr restaurants or near public entrances.
We are a cash-free hotel. We do not accept cash payment but you can use any major debit- or credit cards.